1. What should the suppliers and service providers do after being awarded framework agreement?
· The supplier and service provider to honor call off orders from PEs and comply with the terms and conditions of the agreement and call off order.
· The supplier and service provider should process for the delivery of goods and provision of services.
2.Why some PEs are advertising tenders and services which are already awarded under framework agreement?
All PEs are required to comply to the PPA and their related regulations, however
· Some PEs are ignorant of the existence of the Framework agreements;
· Some PEs maintain that they have not received any circular from relevant Authorities that prohibit them from advertising tenders;
3. Many items awarded in the framework contracts do not bear brand names, how can we know the right quality items.
GPSA uses neutral specifications in the solicitation of tenders for supply or service delivery where by suppliers and service providers are required to comply with them. It is the responsibility of PEs to form inspection and acceptance committee to inspect the goods and /or services before they are accepted.
4. Is there any need to issue or invite quotation from the suppliers that are awarded framework agreements?
One of the aims of the system of procurement of common use items is to reduce clerical and routine works in procurement and provide PEs with more time to concentrate on core activities. Under this arrangement PEs are not required to issue or request quotations but select and place call of order direct to the supplier whose price is most advantages;
5. You have entered into framework agreements for common use items for the items which you sell in your warehouses .Do you want to close your warehouses?
Answer: Pursuant to regulation 57 of The Public Procurement Goods, Works, Non-consultant Services and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender] Regulations, 2005, the procuring entities are required to procure from GPSA whenever the prices are lower than market prices, and regulation 57 of the same regulations GPSA is instructed to publish on quarterly year basis the goods found in their stores catalogue .
6. GPSA is dealing with the procurement of common use items which are just a single job and you have got many employees. Do you want to retrench some of the employees?
Answer: For the time being GPSA is still doing the activities which were being carried out by Government Stores plus the new obligation of procurement of common use items and services using framework agreements .That being the case you can notice that the employees are not enough compared to the available job .Even if GPSA deals only with the procurement of common use items ,there will be enough job for the employees because there is a series of activities to be done before entering into framework agreements. These include:
(i) Collection and aggregation of requirements from procuring entities
(ii) Preparation of specifications
(iii) Preparation of tender documents
(iv) Preparation of tender advertisements
(v) Opening of tender documents
(vi) Evaluation of tenders
(vii) Summarizing evaluation report
(viii) Award of tenders
(ix) Preparation of framework agreements and
(x) Preparation of reports
(xi) Receiving and documenting call- off orders
(xii) Administration of framework agreements